CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

One Week Down!

First and foremost...I am 23 AND a college graduate!!! Yesterday was an AMAZING day all around...you couldn't wipe the smile off my face if you tried:) As many of you know, I was unsure if I was gonna graduate this Sunday...well, I AM! After 5 long years I did it. College was the biggest challenge I have faced thus far and now I feel like I can take on ANYTHING! Yesterday was filled with lots of happy tears, champagne and a major feeling of relief! the best feeling? I can do ANYTHING I want now...watch out world!:)

*now back to running*

Week 1 went great, a little stressful since I was trying my best to finish school. I ran on my own and followed the schedule to a T. The schedule said to only run 1 mile each day, I was tempted to run more but decided to follow my coaches advice. If I go into this too hard, I will most likely burn myself out half way through training.

The first team run was on Saturday morning. It was a blast! I met some very inspiring people! We are all SO different, but the great thing is we all have the same goal in mind...and that's what helps us relate to one another. We ran 3 miles through Grafton which is a cute 'lil town (but VERY hilly!), I was too busy checking things out to really notice how far I was into the run and what I had left ahead of me. Running with the team is going to be KEY to staying motivated, it was the first day we had all met and everyone was very encouraging right from the get go!

Thank you to everyone who has donated and motivated me with their inspiring words! keep 'em coming!

P.S....This girl is off to VEGAS on Monday am...WOOOOT!


xx0 D

0 comments: