CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

WELCOME!

Hey everyone, thanks for checkin' out my blog! As many of you already know, I am running the Nike Women's Marathon on October 19th in San Francisco...not sure what has gotten into me, but I'm VERY excited for the journey ahead. What got me interested you ask? Well, I decided it was about time I started putting my time and energy towards something good besides on-line shopping, Perez Hilton and TMZ.com (No, really...If you knew how much time I spent on-line looking at this crap, you'd agree too!). I have always loved running and decided if I was going to suffer sore muscles, painful blisters and severe dehydration...I may as well do it for a good cause. This led me to Team in Training, a non-profit organization that raises money for Leukemia, Lymphoma and Myeloma (blood cancer) research. I didn't really know much about blood cancer until I went to the information meeting and was immediately touched. After hearing countless heartbreaking stories, I decided I wanted to help find a cure for these people. I'm not gonna lie, it's going to be a LONG five months, but a very meaningful 5 months. It feels good to know that I am working towards something that can potentially save a few more lives.

I'm running the marathon with a good family friend, Catherine Kenney (who I used to babysit by the way, yikes!), and a friend from FSC, Heather Haley. These girls have some serious spunk, and when necessary will tell me to stop the whining and get moving (just what I need!).

I hope to update this weekly on my training, ups and downs, exciting news...all the good stuff! Please check back periodically!

If you would be so inclined, please help me reach my goal of $3895, all of which goes towards research. every little bit counts! xxo

http://pages.teamintraining.org/ma/nikesf08/dweinstein

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dana, I am so excited for you. I know this is something you can accomplish and I wish you all the best.
I cant wait to see your progress.