CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, August 28, 2008

T-Minus 51 Days...

Can you believe it?? I surely can't! The big day is ALMOST here!! So exciting :)

Last Saturday 8/23 I ran my longest run yet - 15 miles! It was insane. After taking a 3-week hiatus I did pretty good! My only complaint is that the coach forgot water stops after mile 3.5 and I started to panic because I felt like I was going to pass out - around mile 8.5 I was in complete panic mode but happened to be running by the barber shop that my dad, Ross and Scott go to - so what did I do? Ran in of course declaring, "I'm Craig Weinstein's daughter, I 'm sorry to interrupt you...but can I PLEASE have some water?! I'll explain later!". Luckily Phil the barber loves all 3 of them and happily directed me to his mini fridge - thanks Phil! The last half of my run didn't go as smoothly, but that's expected. I started to hit a wall around mile 12-13 but pushed my way to the end. I am pretty pleased with the end result considering my "break" 3 weeks prior.

I have been experiencing a few mental road blocks, but I refuse to let them stand in my way. I am so excited for this race and how far I have come in my training - I can't wait to get out there and show everyone what I've got. Thank you to everyone who has been there for me - it really means the world to me to have such wonderful friends and family...brings a tear to my eye :)

By The Numbers...

Miles Run: Appx. 310 miles
Minutes Spent Running: 3,100 minutes
Hours Spent Running: 51.6

Wow! That's insane. Seeing that errr on the computer screen makes it seem so real! I am excited to see what my final total will be.

As of today, August 28th, I have 1,375 in my donation bank. I still have $2,485 left to raise by September 25th. If I can get 24 people to donate $100, or 48 people to donate $50, OR 96 people to donate $25, I will pretty much be at my goal! If you haven't (or have!) donated and would like to - I suggest that you do so by the September 25th deadline:) If you are willing - PLEASE pass my blog on to anyone you know who may be interested in supporting this great cause!

Thanks Again!

D

0 comments: