CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, June 20, 2008

A Marathon Runner's Favorite Things...

I can guarantee you won't run out and buy "Dana's Favorite Things" (as you might with Oprah's)...but if you ever decide to run more than 5 miles, take my advice!


These babies are my beloved spandex shorts (not these exact ones, but you get the point). They may be hideous looking, but they are a MUST, and I mean MUST! Now, unless you are rail-thin, PLEASE don't wear them by themselves... esp. if you are a 60+ male.


Next we have the delicious tasting GU. These guys come in handy during long runs. I am definitely not a GU aficionado quite yet - most people don't use these unless they are running reeeally long distances. I happened to be at Sports Authority the other day, and decided to pick a few up to see which flavors I liked. Why would someone make an energy gel in a "Latte" flavor, or how about "Margarita"? I was nauseated just thinking about it, nevermind in the middle of a 10 mile run!
Ya ya ya, I know it's just a hat...but this is one of my best purchases yet. This Nike hat has seen me through many runs thus far, keeping my face from turning into a tomato. I also, doesn't hurt that it looks cute - I like to think of it as an accessory to my running outfit:)






This is my Nike running tracker thing (not sure of it's official name). You attach a wireless adapter to your iPod, and then attach the chip to your shoe. It keeps track of distance, pace and calories burned. I LOVE it!






I have tried EVERY dry fit, cool max, cool mesh sock out there and these are by far the best! They are so thin, you barely feel like you are wearing anything. The sock has two layers to it, so instead of your foot rubbing against the sock and creating blisters, it just rubs against the other layer.

1 comments:

Jennifer said...

I love your favorite things! This may come in handy if I ever decide to take up running. I always see people running and think it looks so fun. Then when I actually go running, I realize it is hard work!!