CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, July 13, 2008

Land of DOUBLE DIGITS!

I can't believe it, I am pretty much halfway done with training...insanity! Yesterday marked my entry into double digits...pretty scary but very exciting!:)


I did my best to make up for my bad week prior, but recently I've been feeling like something always gets in my way.


I was definitely feeling my slump during my 1st run of the week, but refused to stop or give in to to the heavy breathing and soreness. I never realized how competitive I am with MYSELF. It's actually a little ridiculous. If I don't perform consistently, I get so down on myself. If I don't run fast enough, or meet my goals I can't let it go. After our team run yesterday this came up. I was chatting with Byron, one of our mentors. I was asking how his first marathon went and if it was a total disaster (to which he replied "yes") and what advice he had for me. He said the mistake he made was over-training - he will never again follow the training schedule to a "T", because it was just too much. I can totally relate to this. Pretty much from week 1 I haven't followed the schedule, and was a little ashamed to admit it. Now, not so much. I always want to do more than is asked, something that is good for most everything except training for a big race. I guess that is my lesson of the week. My over-all goal is to FINISH the race, throw the desired times out the window. I am leaving it at that before I start over-analyzing :)


Yesterday I finished 10 miles. It was definitely a milestone:) We had water stops every two miles beginning at mile 3, and I swear that is what got me through! Once it was over, this wave of emotion came over me...10 miles is one of the many milestones I will reach, and damn it feels GOOD!

No specific goals for the week, just wanna keep on keepin' on as they say...

I am SO happy to report that as of today, July 14th, I have raised $1225!! It wouldn't have happened without your love and support...thank you all!!

If you haven't (or have!) donated and would like to, you may do so by clicking on the link in the top right-hand corner of my blog. THANKS AGAIN!

xxo D

0 comments: