CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, July 27, 2008

I was TESTED!

And it wasn't pretty. Yesterday was our 12 mile team run in Grafton - I was all ready to go, just the usual early morning wake up that leaves me dragging - something I usually snap out of, apparently not yesterday. I have no idea what got into me, but I just felt like I couldn't do it. My body felt like rubber and wasn't in sync - terrible combination. Kristina and I both weren't into it and at mile 3 decided we'd had enough. As we approached our first water stop, I saw coach and Annelle (our mentor) shaking their heads at us, "I'm just done, I'm having a bad day and I just want to stop". They weren't having it. They wouldn't let us hop in the back of the jeep and call it a day. I was NOT happy to say the least. Yes, I will admit - I am was being lazy and making excuses and when I have my mind set it's hard to change it. I was PISSED to say the least. Thankfully they didn't let me give up. I set small goals for myself throughout the run and I am proud to report I DID finish. It wasn't all pretty, but I got it done. It really wasn't until mile 8 that I decided to finish the entire thing (coach said he'd come by every 2 miles and if I really felt like stopping he'd pick me up, of course he didn't end up checking on me because he knew I could do it!), of course at that point I was in a lot of pain - something I hadn't experienced 'til now. It wasn't muscle pain - all joint pain. My hips were SO sore. So sore that if I stopped for a water break, I was in tears when I started to run again.

All in all, it was a tough run but a very necessary one. I was miserable and MAD pretty much throughout the whole thing, but it was a lesson that will help me get through the tough times.

This week I plan on following the schedule to a T. I made a pact with Kristina that we'd work hard/push each other this week. Starting tomorrow morning (Monday) with a nice run at 6 am, can't wait for that! :)

It's been a few weeks since I've sent out my blog and fundraising link - fundraising has plateaued a bit and I'm hoping we can work on that this week! Does anyone work for a company that matches donations? Or knows someone who does? It's very easy - All you need to do is fill out the paper work (which I'd be HAPPY to do) and they will match my total (usually $1,000). It's very easy on your end and would be a HUGE help in my fundraising efforts! If anyone would be willing to help me out please e-mail me at danarunsnike@gmail.com.

If you would like to donate on-line, you may do so by clicking on the link at the top right-hand corner or my blog. Thank you all so much for your words of encouragement! This is a tough time in the training process - I need all of the motivation I can get!

xxo D

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Great job Dana!!!

F and G = T & T said...

Go Dana Go!!! You are an inspiration :)